DWM is a very minimal windowmanager. It has the most essential features I need, everything else is "do-it-yourself" or extending it with the many available patches. The vanilla version is less than 2000 SLOC. This makes it easy to understand and modify it.
I really like my configuration at the moment and want to share my changes. Some of the features listed below are patches from suckless.org I applied, but there are also some changes I made.
This configuration is entirely tailored for my preferences of course.
- Shows all clients of the selected / active tags.
- Divide application titlebars evenly among available space.
- Colour urgent clients in the taskbar on active tags.
- Left-click focuses clicked client.
- Right-click toggles monocle layout.
- Middle-click kills the clicked client.
- Only show active tags.
- Colour inactive tags with urgent clients.
- Cycle layouts with Modkey + Space (next) and Modkey + Control + Space (previous).
- Fullscreen layout (hides topbar and removes borders).
- Move tiled clients around with the mouse (drag-move), awesomewm-like.
- Add some keybinds for multimedia keyboards (audio play / pause, mute, www, volume buttons, etc).
- ... and more ;) ...
git clone -b hiltjo git://git.codemadness.org/dwm