Last modification on 2019-02-10
For more (up-to-date) information see the README file.
In my opinion the standard Youtube web interface is:
- Non-intuitive, too much visual crap.
- Too resource-hungry, both in CPU and bandwidth.
- Doesn't work well on simpler (text-based) browsers, like netsurf, links.
- Doesn't use (tracking) cookies.
- Optional CSS.
- Multiple interfaces available: CGI web, CLI, gopher (gph), work-in-progress.
- Doesn't use or require the Google API.
- CGI interface works nice in most browsers, including text-based ones.
- On OpenBSD: "sandboxed": can run as a static-linked binary with pledge(2), unveil(2) in a chroot.
- Some Youtube features are not supported.
- Uses scraping so might break at any point.
git clone git://git.codemadness.org/idiotbox