Last modification on 2017-08-04
Saait is the most boring static HTML page generator.
Meaning of saai (dutch): boring. Pronunciation: site
I used to use shellscripts to generate the static pages, but realised I wanted a small program that works on each platform consistently. There are many incompatibilities or unimplemented features in base tools across different platforms: Linux, UNIX, Windows.
This site is created using saait.
git clone git://git.codemadness.org/saait
- Single small binary that handles all the things. At run-time no dependency on other tools.
- Few lines of code (about 500 lines of C) and no dependencies except: a C compiler and libc.
- Works on most platforms: tested on Linux, *BSD, Windows.
- Simple template syntax.
- Uses HTML output by default, but can easily be modified to generate gopher pages, wiki pages or other kinds of documents.
- Out-of-the-box supports: creating index page of all pages, Atom feed, sitemap.xml and urllist.txt
- Simple template syntax, but very basic. Requires C knowledge to extend it if needed.
- Only basic (no nested) template blocks supported. Hardcoded in config.h.